Thursday, March 31, 2016

Staff Duty!

Ugh, the dreaded moment when you see the new staff duty roster released and you realize that this month you were finally put on it. A whopping 24 hours+ of straight duty. Lucky for me I had a very nice NCO working with me for the evening and I was able to sneak away for three hours of sleep. So while all of you are cozy in your beds at home I have been awake here at work since 0500 this morning and I don't get off shift until 0900 tomorrow. Needless to say energy drinks have been my best friend. And of course finally getting some down time to catch up on emails and crank out a few blogs that I have been having spinning around in my head the past two days that I was unable to find time in my demanding schedule to do. I'm sure it is the same for all of you as it is for me, but blogging helps me to unload and release all the stress and tension of life. That may seem like a simple thing to do but I swear my plate always seems to feel so full and for me this just relaxes me and lets me express myself in a way that I don't feel I am able to on a daily basis to the rest of the world. So thank you fellow bloggers and readers for helping me have a little time for me. So during staff duty there is really not a whole lot going on.


 I worked on some online courses that are worth promotion points which mean a lot in the next few months once I am available to go to the board for the next rank. I am in the Army by the way if you hadn't already caught onto that. And let me tell you so many stereotypes come from being a female in the Army and those like myself who work really hard for where we are at and all we accomplish suffer those stereotypes as people assume we get everything handed to us and don't get me wrong some women do howevere I am proudly not one of them. Of course I had to complete the nightly routine of sweeping the hallways before then next day comes as we have the general coming in tomorrow to check out our operations. I have been living off of what seems to now be a constant drip of Monster Energy drinks and all things salty. I'm not much of a sweets person so I tend to stick towards the salty snacks to tide me over and keep my mind distracted from something other then sleep because after being awake this many hours your mind can surely start turning on you. I have about 3 and a half more hours of my shift and then it's home bound for some much deserved sleep. Happy reading ya'll. And as always thank you for reading yet another post from my crazy beautiful life! Feel free to leave any comments about anything else you all would like to know or hear about from me, until next time goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment