Monday, April 11, 2016

Co-parenting

When I thought of the fact that my ex-husband and I would have to learn to co-parent I assumed that we would be way better at that then we were at being married. I was very misled in that assumption I have the least bit of idea how I came to that fantasy. We are constantly at each other's throats. I tend to be the one who acts like the adult where as him and his wife tend to be the ones whom judge and try to throw shade at myself and my husband just to make himself feel a little less miserable. Over the years I have learned that when someone feels bad about themselves or their situation that they reflect that on how they treat others. My ex husband is not one to enjoy settling down with one women so I can only assume he's right back where he started and instead of taking it all out on his wife he takes it out on me. Little does he know I enjoy his bashings. Now that's not because I enjoy being put down or dealing with a full a full grown man child, however I enjoy watching himself dig a hole so the next time I take him back to court the judge looks down at all of our conversations and asks him what goes through his mind that makes him think that putting people down like that is acceptable. I can't wait for that day! All my sitting back and staying quiet and being the bigger person will pay off. I never thought I would be where I am in my life today but I'm thankful for my journey and for my battle. I have undergone in a marriage things that not many will ever have to endure. I was angry and hateful for those things for a very long time only to grow from the events and build my backbone on overcoming them. For all the spouse out there both men and women alike who struggle through abuse , both physically, sexually, and mentally, grow from it allow it to fill your soul and build a new stronger more confident you. I sure did and look at me today. I have reached a good point in my life. Two beautiful kids an amazing husband who adores the very ground I walk on and an awesome family who I have been able to finally be honest with about all that I went through. I'm sure everyone struggles with sharing custody of their kids expecially with someone whom do to the things they did to you, you would think that they wouldn't deserve a second with their kids. How do all of you handle a less then worthy co-parent. I muster up the strength to get through it each day, but I am never opposed to more tips and tricks on how to better get through this journey. I have another 14 years tell my kids that I share with him are 18 and let me tell you as slow as I want my babies to grow I'm going to be counting down the years tell I'm released from his existence. But it doesn't really stop their we will still one day share grand children share visiting the kids in their adult lives share college and other important events that they will go through. I just hope that one day we will be able to get to a point where that becomes easier. I don't see that happening though until they are adults and we no longer have to agree on anything. Thanks for following my blog and to everyone have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment