Saturday, April 2, 2016

Having kids with your second marriage/half siblings

I always told myself that if my ex-husband and I ever separated that I would never have more kids. I just didn't want children from more then one father. I didn't want the possibility of my new partner loving their blood child more then his step children to ever have a chance of arising. But of course, as we grow older and we find ourselves in these experiences its much more then to have just thought about what you would do in that situation rather then really beginning to live it. I also never imagined I would be a divorced mother of two for real one day, but here I am living this crazy beautiful life.
Now that life has chosen this path for me and my husband and I have been discussing expanding our family I realize that its not such a horrible thing to have children from different fathers. Now I am not saying its okay to go out and have eight baby daddy's, but it is okay to start over again and add more love to the nest per say. My husband and I are very open with each other and I have for sure brought up my concerns of him loving or treating his own blood differently. He has expressed greatly how having more kids would not change a thing as it is simply that more kids. He would just have a few more people to love. I must admit that although he did answer my questions he did let me know that it hurt him a little to know I would ever have that worry in my heart because if it were up to him he would have been the one to help make the girls but whether they are his blood or not they are his daughters and nothing and no on changes that. It warms my heart to know and hear him express with such emotion how he feels about things like this and only solidifies my love and appreciation of him that much more. So it looks like that this time next year when we return from deployment that we will be starting our journey to grow our little family. Fingers crossed we get some boys my poor husband is out numbered severely. If you haven't read my other blog posts one you should! And secondly you would then know in 2013 I made a huge mistake and had my tubes tied per the request of my ex-husband. So my husband and I have a journey ahead of us. We weighed the option of getting my tubes reversed but they were cauterized which makes it a less likely chance of success, higher rate of miscarriage which I already struggle with and ectopic pregnancy which neither of us want. So we have discussed it and we are thinking that although pricey, IVF is the road that we feel best to take. So if any of you have gone through this experience please leave a comment here or on twitter you can find me @blogginmama1109 as well as my Gmail mrsbrittanymiller1109 and let me know what your thoughts or experiences have been. I would love to hear from some of you. Have a good one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment