Tuesday, April 5, 2016

DIY Carpet Cleaner (MACHINE SAFE AS WELL)




 
For people like me who have tons of kid traffic running up and down their hallways as well as two very large chocolate labs, who might I add do not know how to wipe their paws, cleaning my carpet is a frequent must. Plus my dogs are puppies so we are still experiencing the occasional accident on the carpet. I have a Bissell Carpet Cleaner, the Pet version of course because its a little more abrasive and sucks up the pup hair better when the vacuum misses it. This homemade cleaner is both safe for my machine as well as if I was just spot cleaning with a rag by pour some on the floor and scrubbing out the mess by hand. Which I have had to do, as at one point my machine had broken down on me. NO FUN! So Here we go!! To make this totally awesome cleaner you will need just four ingredients. And if you follow my blog and gave making a batch of your own liquid laundry detergent a go you already have one of the needed ingredients!! So you will need 1/4 cup of any brand of all purpose cleaner (which I also make myself and I will add that DIY tip in a separate post so stay tuned for that awesomeness) Second you will need some Oxy Clean or a version of that, you will need one scoop the scooper is provided in the box and that is the amount which you will need. Also you will need 2 table spoons of that awesome liquid laundry detergent we made or just 2 table spoons of any brand liquid laundry detergent of your choice. You can add 1 teaspoon of a fabric softener of your choice(optional) for scent purposes of course, but I don't usually do that as my all purpose cleaner is scented from the orange blossom essential oil I add into it. But you may add the fabric softener if you so choose. Last but not least you will need a little let then a gallon of hot tap water and an old one gallon jug. We go through a lot of milk in our household so I just cleaned out and old milk just and I use that. Okay first things first, lets add the 2 table spoons of liquid laundry detergent to a 2 cup measuring cup or bowl it doesn't really matter. Then add in the 1/4 cup of all purpose cleaner any brand or my homemade all purpose cleaner, after that the one scoop of Oxy Clean or similar bran and add about a cup of the hot water from your jug. Stir that all together until you see that the Oxy Clean has dissolved. Once the Oxy Clean has dissolved you can do this one of two ways. Honestly depends how lazy I am feeling throughout this whopping five minute process lol.

So if you don't mind it getting a little sudsy just had that well blended mixture back into your jug and if its not all the way full of the hot water just simply slowly add more hot tap water tell the jug is about as full as your milk would have been. Then tighten the lid and give it a gently mixing by turning it up and down. If your not feeling lazy this is the actual way to do it to prevent some of the annoying sudzing. Once your mixture of the ingredients is all combined well add the remainder of the one gallon water and mixture slowly to a bowl large enough to capacitate it all and gently mix it all up. Once its well blended carefully pour the liquid back into your one gallon jug and cap it. Bam you have yourself a concentrated jug of carpet cleaner. Now my machine as a water fill line and chemical fill line to I usually abide by that. However if your machine does not and can capacitate much more then my machine can then mi roughly a 1/4 cup of the carpet cleaning mixture to about two cups of water and there you go you can use that mixture for hand cleaning the carpet or for your machine!! Happy cleaning. Please leave comment below if you would like any more information on this or any other DIY I have shared and some DIY projects you all may be interested. I'm just another working mom living the dream through my blog loving helping families like you save and be as chemically safe for their families as I have been able to so far. Have a great day everyone and happy reading. Follow my blog, comment, like and share the love on titter you can find me as blogginmama1109 on twitter!  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment