Saturday, April 16, 2016

What to do with the rest of my life

Some people automatically have it all planned out exactly how they see life going for them. Then there is me who wishes she could plan each and every detail of her life, however always scared to take a leap for fear of falling. My husband and I have about four years left of service at this point and we are coming up on our window where we will be allowed to start college online for the remainder of our time and then finish out college at a physical university when we get out. He has known what he has wanted to do with the rest of his life for a long time now. Also he has done various types of jobs before he joined the military. He really wants to do something along the lines of a wildlife conservation officer but different I forget the term he exactly used. The point being he knows exactly what he wants and he is not afraid to go out there and get it. Now myself on the other hand I'm practically scared of life sometimes and new things make me nervous, they always have. I'm a rather shy person and I keep to myself for the most part. He has been asking me lately what I plan to do with the rest of my life in terms of a career. He wants me to do something I enjoy and something that makes it to where we can all come home to each other every night as that isn't a luxury we get now. At first my mind went to well I want to do what I do now in the civilian side of the world. I'm excellent at my job and it is rather lucrative outside of the service. Downside being they travel contantly and are home maybe a few times a year. Which obviously is not good for our growing family I mean we hope to one day have about four kids total so us both being around is truly important. I have always thought of things I would want to do with my life, I just have never leaped for anything. I have been tossing the idea around of maybe teaching or nursing. I have always wanted to be an ER nurse, pediatric nurse, or a nurse working in the maternity ward. I know just how hard it is to achieve that goal and that does slightly deter me. I know I am smart and I'm sure that if I pushed hard enough I would be plenty capable, I just sell myself short sometimes. I think that's the route I plan on exploring and I only have about a month left before its decision time because that's when I can start choosing colleges and get enrolled. I just don't want to make the wrong decision and end up failing or worse doing something I hate for the rest of my life. What helps a person makes these decisions and settle on one thing for the rest of their days? How does this choice seem so easy for some, yet I sit her struggling with my own thoughts? I wish I had the confidence to tell me to take the leap of faith. I will get there when the time comes I suppose but for down I bid you all good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment